Last Chance VIP Roaming Beds
Be one of the last people to sleep in the artist's Two Roaming Beds (Grey), a pair of robotic beds that roam Hayward Gallery while their guests sleep.
Enter the gallery 'out of hours' and immerse yourself in the world of Carsten Höller.
Your VIP package covers two guests and includes an introduction to the exhibition by a member of the curatorial team, an exclusive ride on Höller's Isomeric Slides and Two Flying Machines as well as access to all other works until midnight. You’ll also receive a copy of the distinctive double publication which accompanies the exhibition. For further information, please see below.
Tuesday 25 August, Wednesday 26 August, Thursday 27 August, Friday 28 August, Saturday 29
Monday – Wednesday, 7pm – 8am
Thursday – Saturday, 8pm – 8am
- Exclusive overnight stay for one or two persons in Two Roaming Beds (Grey)
- Introduction to the exhibition by a member of the curatorial team
- An opportunity for an exclusive ride on Isomeric Slides and Two Flying Machines (Mon – Wed 8pm – 9.30pm, Thu - Sat 9pm – 10.30pm)
- Exclusive access to all artworks (except Isomeric Slides and Two Flying Machines) in Carsten Höller: Decision until midnight. Works may be switched off earlier on request
- Use of Insensatus Vol. 1 Fig. 1, a set of dream-enhancing toothpastes to induce and influence male-, female- and child-oriented dreams designed by Carsten Höller and developed in cooperation with Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary, Vienna
- One copy of the distinctive publication Carsten Höller: Decision which accompanies the exhibition
- Complimentary tea, coffee and water served
- 10% discount for up to six people at Skylon restaurant on day of arrival. Please check the website for opening hours. (Booking is strongly advised)
- Access to Southbank Centre Members Bar at Royal Festival Hall on evening of stay. Opening hours: 10am – 10.30pm every day
- 20% discount on Southbank Centre Membership
- Showering facilities on request (towels provided)
- Book by phone on 0844 875 0070, Mon – Fri, 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Check-in period: Mon – Wed 7–9pm, Thu – Sat 8–10pm
- Check-out period: by 8am
- Maximum two people per booking
- Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Guests may not admit additional persons into the exhibition
- Guests may bring a small overnight bag
- No food or drink should be brought into the gallery spaces, except bottled water provided
- Random bag search policy is in effect on arrival and departure
- No pets allowed
- Gallery security on the premises and on hand at all times
- All galleries monitored with 24-hour CCTV
- Guests may leave and return to the gallery at any time during the course of the stay
- We recommend comfortable and warm clothing in the event of emergency
- £500 per night (price includes both beds)
- Prices are fixed. Tea, coffee, water and Insensatus Vol. 1 Fig. 1toothpaste are included in the booking
- Full payment by credit or debit card only at the point of booking.
- Guests are asked to bring to check-in their reservation confirmation, a valid photo ID and the card used for booking
- Cancellations with full refund can be made up to one week prior to day of arrival. No refund will be given to cancellations made less than one week prior to day of arrival Guests spending the night at Hayward Gallery do so at their own risk. With your booking you confirm that you accept the terms and conditions, which guests will be asked to sign at check-in. Hayward Gallery shall not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind. All claims and rights, other than in respect of death or personal injury, shall be waived by the guests. Hayward Gallery has the right to refuse access to or remove from the premises, without a refund, those who are overly intoxicated or behaving inappropriately.
Image credit: Carsten Höller, Two Roaming Beds (Grey), 2015. © Carsten Höller. Produced with Bonniers Konsthall, Stockholm, and HangarBicocca, Milano.
Installation view: Carsten Höller: Decision, Hayward Gallery, London, 2015. Photo © David Levene